CHSB provides sophisticated intellectual property and corporate legal advice to research institutions and companies of all sizes.
All of the firm's attorneys have previously worked for top tier national law firms, allowing us to combine large firm experience and judgment with the personal attention and responsive attitude typically found only at a smaller firm. Frederick Hadidi, Bruce Barker and Birgit Millauer all have technical degrees in either electrical engineering, or biology/biochemistry, and have advised a broad range of clients, including those in the fields of medical devices, pharmaceuticals, biologics, vaccines, diagnostics, semiconductors, electronics, energy, networking, telecommunications, and computer security. Alan Wong worked for many years as a General Counsel and senior in-house counsel, and has a broad range of experience dealing with the daily challenges of running hardware and software businesses, including contract negotiations, technology development and licensing, manufacturing, marketing, sales, due diligence, intellectual property disputes, and privacy issues.
Our attorneys write articles and make presentations on the latest developments in intellectual property law. Both the courts and other law firms have recognized the firm's expertise by retaining its members to serve in the roles of expert witness, patent co-counsel and pro bono appellate counsel.
• Intellectual property licensing
• Validity and infringement investigations
• Patent prosecution
• Patent portfolio analysis
• Freedom to operate analysis
• IP diligence
• Inter Partes Review
• Trade secret litigation/investigations
• Technology development and licensing
• Contractor services, supply chain and
• Marketing, distribution and sales
• Strategic collaborations and non-
• Due diligence for acquisitions
• Guidance on human resources, privacy,
and international issues